Virtual Offices in Switzerland: Placing the Entire World at Your Fingertips
Technology has revolutionized the way we do business, bringing positive change to every aspect of the commercial world. From research and development to logistics and inventory control, daily operations are now more efficient than ever before. With each new advancement, we gain a broader customer reach, more targeted marketing opportunities and a wider selection of qualified personnel.
Today’s companies have been granted an entirely new level of freedom. They no longer need brick-and-mortar storefronts in order to conduct business as usual. For that matter, staff members don’t have to be in the same building, or even the same country, to run a business smoothly and successfully. Virtual offices are quickly replacing their physical counterparts, completely revolutionizing the face of the business landscape.
Exactly What Is a Virtual Office?
The concept of virtual offices started off on a relatively small scale. Once the internet became a household item, aspiring entrepreneurs realized they had an unprecedented chance to reach the public without the financial burden of renting office space. Home became the storefront of the future, and consumers were none the wiser.
When the need for backup arose, startup owners could simply outsource the work to freelancers or hire new staff members who had also discovered the magic of the internet and begun using it to their advantage. A new genre arose, and people were experiencing the joys of success in a way generations before us might never have imagined possible. Of course, once those businesses took off, many realized the benefits of the digital age came with their fair share of hurdles.
Several home-based business owners discovered their traditional servers couldn’t handle the growing influx of traffic, nor were they in the ideal legal jurisdiction. Those designed for small-scale personal use would crash, leaving budding businesses to suffer the detrimental consequences of even short-lived downtime. Bigger, better servers were built, but some felt there had to be a better way.
Virtual servers were born, and they were capable of handling monumental volume courtesy of the endless realm of the cloud. Numerous new features began to crop up, all geared toward the needs of companies no matter their chosen field. From there, an entire industry sprang forth to bring us the unlimited capacity we have today in a business and privacy friendly legal jurisdiction.
This little backstory brings us to the heart of the matter. Virtual offices arm businesses with all the features they’d have in a traditional office setting as well as the benefits of not needing a central headquarters. Whether you’re just breaking into the business world or simply want a little more flexibility in running your company, a virtual office providing any services you need on an online platform could be the answer.
Ages ago, people around the world scoffed at the idea of being able to transmit their voices through a series of wires to someone across town, let alone across the country or on the other side of the planet. Mr. Bell proved the naysayers all wrong with the invention of the telephone. Once its design became practical enough for widespread use, it quickly grew to be an integral component in business.
Since the onset of the internet and its countless conveniences, land lines have all but been phased out for bigger, better things. When you take your business needs online, you’ll have the latest advancements to keep you connected with your satellite employees, all those in your supply chain and your customers no matter where they may be. Some of the telecom services at your disposal include:
- VoIP Handsets: With VoIP phone services, the internet you use to reach out to the rest of the world and make yourself available to customers becomes your phone line. This gives you the advantage of being able to take your business’ phone line with you wherever you go as long as you have your computer and an internet connection. You can also have group numbers and individual extensions incorporated into your phone service.
- Mobile Phone Integration: Mobile phones are a necessity these days. When it comes to keeping your business up and running, they’ll keep you connected through the small handful of scenarios when VoIP service is out of reach, like while you’re on the go. Incorporate mobile service into your virtual office package, complete with your company’s signature phone number, to bridge the occasional communications gap.
- Personalized Voicemail: In spite of your best efforts, you and your team can’t be available all the time. Having personalized voicemail helps give you and your callers the peace of mind of knowing messages will be heard by the right person. Aside from that, it gives you a more professional aura in the eyes of your customers.
- On-Hold Music: Although phone service has changed dramatically over the years, on-hold music remains a timeless element. The public has actually come to expect it from companies they do business with. This time-tested tradition helps boost the public’s trust in your business, which is invaluable in a world of consumer scepticism.
- Fax2Email and Email2Fax: Fax machines of the days of old relied on landlines just like telephones once did. In line with the evolution of the phone, we now have FoIP. Incoming faxes are converted to email form for safekeeping and electronic filing; at the same time, you can send emails out to those who don’t have this service, and they’ll be deconstructed into traditional faxes.
- Call Recording: Whether for quality control, legal purposes or a mixture of the two, call recording gives you and your team an extra level of backing.
- Conference Facilities: Again, thanks to the marvel of modern technology, business meetings no longer have to take place face to face in many cases; however, we do sometimes need the advantages of in-person contact. Your virtual office offers not only phone and video conferencing, but connections to physical meeting facilities, granting you the best of both worlds and the freedom to choose which best suits your needs.
Your entire telecommunications suite can now be carried out solely online with dedicated user interfaces designed to the specifications of your business. No matter how many employees you have in your arsenal or how global your staff is, everyone involved will be connected online and over the phone, which are essentially one and the same these days. Should the need for face-to-face contact arise, that can be arranged as well on a formal or informal basis.
Not all business owners have the time or expertise to set up their own virtual offices. At times, deciding just which services you need and which ones would be more of a drain on your budget than a boost to your bottom line can be difficult. You’ll have a full range of amenities to choose from as well as around-the-clock backup should the need arise.
- Domain Services: Having a domain name unique to your company as opposed to a more general one shared by a number of businesses and websites will serve you in a number of ways. For one, it lends credence to your company as far as your prospects are concerned. At the same time, it’ll help boost your relevance and status from search engines’ perspectives.
- Data Storage: Regardless of the size of your current inventory, customer database and other aspects, it’s important to be sure your storage capacity meets your needs. Your virtual server will be designed to handle your volume both now and in the future.
Through cloud-based services, you’ll have the benefits of unlimited capacity and flexibility no matter what your business needs may be. As your company grows, your virtual office can easily and inexpensively expand right along with you. You’ll be carried by technical support, online backup services and all the security necessary to keep your information and that of your clientele safe.
As mentioned, a few obstacles present themselves when you’re operating on solely on an online basis. Scammers learned early on of the wonderful new "business" opportunities presented to them by the digital era, and word spread like wildfire among consumers. They began to use the resources at their disposal and quickly transitioned to a generation of researchers. In the eyes of your target audience, having no address at all sends up a big red flag.
With all that in mind, you need a legitimate business address, one capable of exuding authority, professionalism and prestige. In light of the technology available, you could literally choose anywhere in the world to call your business' home; of course, some locales come with more credibility than others. Switzerland happens to be an ideal home base for a number of reasons.
For quite some time, companies have been drawn to Switzerland. Having a business address associated with this highly sought-after country has become synonymous with financial stability and immunity to market fluctuation. Any number of businesses have either gotten their start within the borders of this neutral, centralized and highly business-oriented country or relocated there in light of these aspects.
Once you get the ball rolling on your virtual office, you could have a Zurich address for your business in as little as a day. Any physical mail you receive will be directed to your Switzerland address. From there, it’ll be forwarded to you on a daily or weekly basis.
As is the case with physical offices, virtual businesses come with all the typical accounting needs and legal considerations. When you choose the virtual office route, you don’t have to shoulder these responsibilities or worry about outsourcing them during your free time. You’ll have access to:
- Company Incorporation Assistance
- Fiduciary and Legal Services
- Business Consulting
- Bank Account Opening Introductions
- Accounting and Auditing Services
- Bank Account Opening Introductions
On top of all those options, you’ll have the added advantage of local expertise on hand at all times. You’ll be linked to top professionals in every field imaginable, giving you a broad range of possibilities. Whether you have legal questions or need to book a meeting venue congruent to your business address, help is readily available.
In A Nutshell
At this point in time, the online world plays a role in the communications and marketing aspects of almost all businesses, but these elements barely scratch the surface of the options now available. You can operate your entire businesses on an online basis from the comforts of home or a tiny rented cubicle for one. To make matters even more opportune, you don’t have to sacrifice capacity or professionalism.
When you operate from the cloud, you’ll have unlimited reach and storage capacity. Your business will receive its own domain and all the credibility this affords in the eyes of search engines as well as today’s internet-savvy consumers. Aside from the all-important online address, you’ll have a physical one reflecting the prowess and stability known to abound in Switzerland, one of the world’s most prestigious business hubs.
Though your mail will be sent to your Switzerland business address, it won’t be out of reach. It’ll regularly be forwarded to your home, personal P.O. Box or other destination. Should you need to have a business conference in the vicinity of your business address, it can easily be arranged courtesy of local experts at your disposal.
Virtual offices give you boundless potential. With the scalability generated by a cloud-based platform, your services easily grow right along with your business. In the past, growth meant picking up shop and moving your entire operation to a bigger office space or remodeling your current one, both of which could prove costly and disruptive.
Now, you can virtually move your entire business to Switzerland without uprooting your family or your staff. No matter how small you start off or how far you go from there, your virtual office and online support team will follow suit. Times have changed, and the benefits of this evolution could take you farther than business owners of the past ever dreamed possible.